What to do if you’ve lost faith in loveJanuary 31, 2016
Why you must love yourself in order to find loveFebruary 7, 2016
You’re out there dating and you know exactly what you’re looking for. It may be hard to find what you want, but you’re determined to find love. There’s no way you’re settling.
If you’re really looking for the love of your life, it may be time to reconsider your man-shopping list. Read on and see which items resonate with you.
- Really? Funny? Can’t you just watch a comedy together? Funny won’t pay your bills or keep you warm at night. It’s nice, but is it really worth insisting on? Plenty of wonderful men will treat you like gold and not be very funny.
- Physical attraction. Ok, he can’t be repulsive, but this fades with time anyway, and hopefully you’ll be together for a long time. Men get more handsome when you fall in love with them.
- Common interests. Life consists of, well, life. Eating, sleeping, working, paying the bills. There are so many things to be interested in. You could always be open to each other’s interests and discover something new. Don’t rule it out.
- I really get that you like to wear heels. I love my shoes too. Don’t let this keep you from true love though. If you’re only 5’2”, does he really have to be 6 feet tall? Just think about it.
- Job title. He can’t have a dead-end job or be living under a bridge, but we can’t all make the cover of Inc. Magazine. As long as he’s financially responsible, consider being more open minded when it comes to his résumé.
- Does it have to be the best you ever had? The guy you had the best sex ever with is probably in jail right now. Find someone capable of having a wonderful relationship with you and teach him how to please you. He’ll be more than happy to learn, I promise.
- If he’s a 6 out of 10 on the chemistry scale, give it a shot. After all, where are the last 3 guys who were 10’s? Amazing chemistry off the bat may be intense and fun, but it’s a terrible predictor of a good relationship.
If a lasting relationship is important to you and you’ve been single for longer than you’d prefer, it may be time to reconsider the qualities you’re insisting on in a man. Your future happiness may well be at stake.
If you enjoyed this post, click here to get my free audio class “Five Steps to Finding the Love of Your Life”.